Rental Terms & Conditions
S3 Boardshop - Equipment Rental & Liability Release Agreement
Please Read Carefully
- Matching Photo ID and/or Current Driver’s licence as well as the Credit Card used for reservation is required at the time of pick-up.
- You must be 18yrs old or older to rent.
- Individuals named on the contract are required to submit credit card information and payment in full at the time of reservation and/or rental.
- Individual named on the contract must be present at the time of pick-up or item(s) will not be released.
- Cancellations made THREE (3) days or more before pick-up date = customers will receive a full refund.
- Cancellations made under three (3) days or 72 hours from pick up date will not receive ANY refund
- There are no refunds for illness, weather, early returns or non-usage.
Pick Up Policy
- All Rentals can be picked up by 11 AM (Monday - Saturday) and 12 PM (Sunday) unless other arrangements have been made
- All Rentals MUST be returned no later than 10:15 AM (Monday - Saturday) or 11:15 AM (Sunday) the day immediately following the last day of your rental.
- Late returns in excess of 2 hour will be charged for Full Day rental of $49.25 per SUP
- If a LATE return interferes with another clients reservation, you will be charged the full rate of that reservation.
Agreement is between S3 Boardshop herein called LESSOR and the undersigned herein called RENTER
I represent and agree as follows:
1. Renter assumes full responsibility for the equipment listed on this Rental Agreement and the associated accessories.
2. Renter agrees to obey all provincial and local boating regulations, and all lawful directives from appropriate emergency or law enforcement personnel, while operating or renting the watercraft. In the event of a citation for violation of these rules, the Renter shall be solely responsible. Renter agrees to notify Lessor of any incidents or injuries occurring while renting watercraft.
3. Renter represents that he or she is capable of operating the equipment and finds it in good working order, condition, and repair.
4. Renter shall bear all risk of damage or loss of the equipment, or any portion thereof, including but not limited to damage and theft, and shall pay Lessor the cost of repair or replacement. Renter hereby authorizes Lessor to charge the credit card taken during the reservation process for cost of repair or replacement in the event of but not limited to damage, loss, or theft of the equipment.
5. Renter understands that he or she is liable for all dirty, damaged, lost, or stolen equipment and any fees associated with the listed equipment, and that all equipment must be returned in good condition as determined by S3 Boardshop.
6. Renter understands that he or she is responsible for returning the listed Equipment at the agreed upon time on the due date of the rental as shown on the Rental Agreement, and that a charge of “1 additional day rate” for each day late will be charged for items past due.
7. Renter agrees that it is his or her responsibility to ensure proper transportation of the equipment on his or her vehicle and that watercraft must be transported using proper restraint devices. Ratchet straps will be provided with SUP rentals.
8. Renter acknowledges that improper loading and attachment of the equipment may result in damage to his or her vehicle, other vehicles, and the equipment.
9. Renter releases S3 Boardshop, ernies sports (S3) inc., its employees, owners, affiliates, agents, officers and directors from all liability for any assistance provided in loading or securing equipment or from any damage that may occur to the renters vehicle while loading , unloading or transporting the equipment.
10. RECOGNITION OF RISK: Renter expressly acknowledges that stand up paddling (SUP), Wakeboarding, Wakesurfing or like is an activity with inherent risks of injury to persons and property. Renter is aware of those risks and understands them. Renter acknowledges that Canada Coast Guard regulations stipulate that all paddlers are required to have a Coast Guard approved Personal Floatation Device (PFD) and that S3 Boardshop requires all Renters to wear a Coast Guard approved PFD at all times while on the water . Renter understands that use of a Personal Floatation Device does not remove all risks of injury, nor does it make the above mentioned water sports a safe activity. Renter alone has determined the sufficiency of any safety gear or other precautions that the renter decides to take to minimize the risks of the activity. No party related to the Lessor, including owners and employees, and its agents, has made any representation regarding the safety of, or the risks of the activity. Renter expressly assumes the risks of the activity. Renter understands the dangers of boating on tidal or fresh water and understands that weather can play a factor in boating safety and that such activities are subject to the unpredictable forces of nature.
11. RELEASE OF LIABILITY: Renter hereby releases Lessor, its agents, contractors, employees, owners from liability for negligence and holds harmless the Lessor, its agents, contractors, employees, owners from any loss, expense, or cost, including attorney fees, arising out of damages or injuries, whether to persons or property, including those not listed on this agreement, occurring as a result of the rental or use of said watercraft and equipment.
13. This agreement constitutes the entire agreement between Lessor and Renter and no term may be waived or modified, including any provision against oral modification, except in writing signed by both parties. There are no warranties, expressed or implied, by Lessor to Renter, except as contained herein, and Lessor shall not be liable for any loss or injury to Renter nor to anyone else, of any kind or however caused. This agreement is one of bailment only and Renter is not Lessor’s agent while using said Equipment. The laws of the Province of Alberta shall govern this agreement.
14. I have read this agreement and understand it, and I sign it of my own free will. I am aware that this includes a release of liability and is binding on me, heirs, executors, administrators and assigns, or any person claiming by or through me. References to “I” shall include family members as well as any other who are using said water craft and equipment during the rental period.
I, the undersigned, have read and understood the terms of this equipment rental & liability release agreement. I have accurately represented the information below and it is true and correct.
Charges for SUP Damages or Loss
- Loss of Board or equipment = Full Replacement Cost
- “Cut” inflatable = min $50 charge / max replacement cost
- Broken fin (rigid boards) = $50
- Lost or Broken Paddle = $100
ALL RENTALS are DUE Back @
10:15 AM (Mon-Sat) or 11:15 AM (Sun)
the day immediately following last day of your rental.
unless other arrangements have been specifically made